Monday, February 2, 2009

Well it has been a really long time since I've posted. I apologize but it's been a very busy past few weeks. When I'm not busy with school it's with work or my internship or relief society stuff so time has gone by really quickly. I'll just start off with updating everything.
First off with the district. My district leaves tomorrow afternoon. It has been a very busy, long month with them. We have worked so hard to help these missionaries but a lot of them just lack the diligence and it shows in the results of their efforts. But when I look back at where they all started when they entered the MTC it's amazing the progress that they have all made. I just wish I could have helped them more. But I feel good that I did the best that I could. This past week has been hard though to keep them focused and such. I just started to feel burned out there. So in the end I'm glad that they are leaving and that they are moving on to the next phase of their missions. I know that they all will be amazing and of course they are going to the best mission in the world!! (Quezon City) But anyway, I'm excited for the new district to come in on wednesday and I'm excited for the new adventure. I'm excited for these new missionaries. Anyway so things are going great at work. It's just really busy but there have been so many days with this district that have been awesome. Anyway, so on to yet another district! Boy is life an adventure!
Now for the high school. Things have been awesome! I love working with Ben, the athletic trainer there. He is fun to work with and he is very understanding of work and school and such. The athletes are a lot of fun to work with too. They are all really nice and just fun to watch and such. Right now we've just been working mainly with basketball but other sports are having practices as well so we've been pretty busy. The season is almost over so our guys and girl's teams really need to step it up if they are going to make it to the playoffs even. So we'll see. Anyway, I've gotten to evaluate a lot of injuries and see a lot of new things. Ben just lets me do a lot of things where in the past I haven't been able to evaluate as many injuries. So that's been good.
School has been fine. Really I've just been trying to keep up with everything. I've been able to keep up with my school work so far and I think I have another couple weeks until midterms. I'm not excited for that at all.
Relief society has been really busy. I've really been trying to get to know all the girls and work with them and help them out. It's been pretty busy. I wouldn't really say stressful because I recognize that this isn't my calling it's the Lord's so I've really been relying on Him and my counselors and such a lot. So it hasn't been too bad. All the girls are really awesome and a lot of fun to work with. I have been blessed with an awesome relief society. And it has surprised me greatly the things that they all go through and have gone through in their lives. Seriously I have learned so much from them. It's been awesome to serve them as well because it's through service where you really get to know and love people. That's why I care about all these girls so much and all the missionaries too. It's awesome. Our main goal this semester is just for each girl to really feel the love that the Lord has for them and to understand their divine worth and also to really work on the unity within our relief society. I want everyone to know each other and have a friend that they can call on in time of need. Anyway so things are going great so far!
So that's my life. It's been really busy. I've watched a lot of basketball lately which has surprisingly been fun to watch. Especially when you see a team make a basket for the other team. That's always embarassing. At least it wasn't our team though. haha! My friends and I have played a lot of this game called Carcassone lately too. It's a lot like settlers. We've all started to get really competitive though. Maybe we shouldn't play the game so often anymore. It's fun but it's not fun to lose. But oh well, so is life. Anyway, tomorrow we have a ton of basketball games and I have a couple homework assignments that I need to get done in the meantime so these next few days are going to be pretty busy. Welp sorry for the lame update. Things are going well but just busy. I love life and I love learning. Oh and yes I did take the GRE and no I didn't score as high as I needed to. But I went in and talked to one of the advisers and he was really nice about everything. He said if it was his decision then he would let me into the program but of course he's not the only one who makes the decision. So chances are that I'm going to have to retake the GRE. He told me to get in contact with the guy in charge of the grad school but I have yet to catch him in his office. So anyway, I'm probably just going to wait and see what happens. I'm sure that they will ask me to retake it eventually but probably not for a while. So we'll see what happens. Anyway, so that's pretty much it! Hope things are going well with everyone else!! Sorry for the lack of updates!

No comments: