
It has been quite the busy past couple of weeks but I enjoyed all the posts. So life for me has just been busy with trying to keep up with my reading and school work, which I'm a little behind still and need to spend the rest of my friday doing that stuff. But yeah. Things have just been crazy with work and everything else! Last week one of my elders went home. He was the fourth in the zone to go home the past 6 weeks and another might be going home this week. So It was so tough because everything I taught and everything we did in class was pretty much directed at trying to help him to not go home! We tried! That's all I gotta say. But I really pray everyday that he'll come back. He has a strong testimony and can make a great missionary but has some family issues and depression issues possibly to work out. Anyway, so that was weighing on me for a while. Then on tuesday they added an elder to our district so that way the elder whose companion went home didn't have to be part of a trisome of elders. That was a pretty smooth move but hard since he came from a different district and is a little behind in Tagalog now since we already reviewed some things that he hasn't learned yet. Anyway, then that same day (all on my day off) my co-teacher got let go. So that whole night I spent trying to work out my shift with another teacher who was going to sub but already had shifts she needs to work and yada, yada. So this was crazy. Then the next day my missionaries were pretty sad because he was gone. So wow! Let's just say as the zone coordinator things are never calm. There is always something that I'm worrying about or trying to work out. We have so many missionaries too that they split our zone/branch in two so that way the branch president and stuff can keep track of the missionaries better. I thought this was going to make things easier, which it has in a way, but still not. I think I just take things too seriously I don't know. I even felt bad when I was meeting with my supervisor and he was telling me that he was talking to some other supervisors about me and they were telling him that I must be a great zone coordinator who really knows the teachers and missionaries well, etc. So this made me feel good but sad at the same time because my poor supervisor is already stressed out and feeling bad about the situation as did I, etc. Anyway so I finally got things worked out for the next week but it meant I had to work a 9 hour day (and had to interview 13 missionaries) yesterday at work to teach and gets things organized. But good news is starting next wednesday I'll be teaching with the co-teacher I was with this past spring/summer. He's not getting a new district for a few weeks so I requested he be my co teacher again because he's a great teacher and will take a load off which I really need. But yeah so we'll be teaching together for the rest of the semester! Yay! I'm really excited! He's awesome.
Anyway, so things are going well now and this thesis research stuff is kicking my butt. But I think once I get past this semester and make sure I can do whatever research thesis topic I'm going to do for sure then things will get better. So for right now I'm just trying to get enough sleep and trying to keep my head above water for when tests start coming along. For the most part I'm enjoying it all and my classes are okay. But yeah that's pretty much it. Sorry if none of this makes sense and thanks for putting up with me talking about my missionaries all the time. The district I have right now is awesome! But yeah my goal for this week is to get my reading done and figure out how I can get the air conditioning to work in my classroom at the MTC because it's always hot and stuffy and smells(not me, the elders) because there are 13 missionaries in a small room. Just last night the sisters were telling me the room smells. I said "yeah only at certain times like just now but then it goes away". They laughed. They think I'm funny and it's great. But I was serious. I think they got the hint that it's just the elders who are too shy to leave the room or claim it that makes it smell. Or maybe it's one of the sisters? hehe...But yeah I'm trying to be mature about it. I've never had this happen before. I don't know hopefully it goes away. But yeah life is great and I try to laugh and find something funny about everyday which I normally do! Come what may and love it! Oh and I'll post a picture of my district that left a few weeks ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment