Saturday, May 28, 2011

It's been a while! I GOT A JOB!

Well it's been a few months since I last updated. Oops. I guess it's been a pretty dang busy last couple of months. Either that or I'm just lazy haha. So what has happened in the past couple of months? Well I finished my internship with the cheerleaders and cosmos. That was such an awesome experience and it was really hard to leave especially since it meant that I'd be without a job for a while. Also because it meant that I wouldn't be seeing all these new friends that I'd made this past year probably ever again! Anyway, it was an awesome year and I learned a ton! I also finished my last semester of school ever! Ugh I'm so glad to be done with classes. I love to learn new things but I absolutely hate tests and studying and all that comes with it! But it feels good to be done. I walked at graduation in April and that was fun...I walking in, sat down, listened to the speakers, walked across the stage and shook a couple of important peoples' hands and then proceeded to walk back out the door. No way were we going to sit through the hundreds of other people walking. So it was fun haha!

Now I'm just trying to finish up my thesis. I have it all written and signed off by my committee and just need the graduate coordinator to sign off on it but he has been out of the country the past week or so. I'm supposed to defend my thesis June 13th but I'm not sure if that's going to happen or not. It all depends on if I get it signed off in time. So yeah I worked on my research and basically wrote up my whole thesis in about a week haha. I didn't have work so I spent every day working on it so I could get it done! And I'm really glad I did! I got lucky too that things worked out with all my research and I didn't have any problems or anything. So that's where I am there! Maybe in a few weeks I will officially be done with my masters! Yay!!

Well the biggest news is that I GOT A JOB! I'll be an athletic trainer at Southern Virginia University. I start August 1st so in a couple of months I'll be moving out to Virginia! I'm very blessed to be able to find a job like this. I'm so excited! I'll be working with some great people in a really pretty area. Anyway so that's pretty much the biggest news as of late. I even bought a wii to celebrate. I've been wanting to buy one for a really long time so I finally just did it. Oh and I already found a place to live out there fairly cheap so things really can't be any better right now! I feel so very extremely blessed. I was worried for a while that I wouldn't get a job or finish my thesis in time. My committee chair was even telling me not to get my hopes up but I kept telling him that I was going to do it and he'd be surprised! With help from one of the doctoral students it's about to happen! My chair was shocked when I e-mailed him my completed thesis already. He told me he didn't think I would do it and I just told him that I told him I'd do it! :) It's funny because I always had this good feeling that I'd get it done. Same thing with getting a job. I honestly wasn't stressing about it but just applying for jobs like crazy. But I always had this feeling that everything was going to be okay. Call it faith or stupidity not sure but I just always knew everything would work out so what was the point of stressing! Anyway, i'm just glad that that feeling was right haha! So I'm excited for my new adventure in life. I'll get to do what I love in a full time capacity! And I'll be able to teach too which I love.

Well that's pretty much it. Just finishing up my thesis and working sports camps every now and then. I'm also hoping to take an EMT course offered here on campus. It's something I've always wanted to do. Welp that's it for now!

1 comment:

Randi said...

Congratulations! That is awesome, and I am very happy for you!