Friday, February 11, 2011

Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence

I have so much to be grateful for. Wow! So last semester I was led to believe that I was to be traveling to the nationals competition that my cheerleaders have in a couple of weeks in CA. But for some reason I was not on the list of people going whether it be money problems I'm not sure. Needless to say I was a little upset but was just going to get over it and wish them well on their trip. Well I guess some of the cheerleaders got together and talked to the coach about how they can make it so I can be able to go. The coach said that there is room in the vans and in the hotel but the problem is the airfare. So they did the nicest thing anyone has probably ever done for me. The team was asked to pitch in 7 or 8 bucks each to pay for my plane ticket. Isn't that the nicest thing ever. Honestly I love these guys and girls to death and am so grateful I have been able to work with the Cheer Squad this past year. I have learned so much about others and about myself. Every day truly has been great no kidding! So I'm going to Anaheim, CA with them in a couple of weeks for 4 days and couldn't be happier right now. I'm so excited to be able to help them be able to compete at nationals and to see them do stinkin' fantastic! I'm so grateful and humbled by this experience. People can be so good and so kind.

Last week I had a phone interview for an internship at U.C. Berkeley. I think the interview went really well. It was actually fun to talk to the two ladies who interviewed me! I should hear back soon. So I'm not quite sure what's going to happen. I haven't heard back from any of the other jobs I've applied for yet and have yet to see any new athletic training job openings in CA. So I'm hoping for some more options to come up. I'm still waiting on my thesis to finish getting reviewed by the IRB. So that's pretty much it! I'm just super busy with cheer and volleyball and the few classes that I do have. But I'm super grateful for my life right now and for the amazing people that I am surrounded by.

3 comments:

Randi said...

That is awesome! Sounds like a great group to be working with.

Chad and Rachel said...

I had some cheer friends in high school who were also really nice, must be because they have to be happy and encouraging all the time! Good luck finding a job. hope you get one faster than we did, but if not, don't be discouraged. It WILL happen!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

beautiful post :)