Monday, January 31, 2011

But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love

I figured I should grace my blog with the presence of another post! Yay! I just have a little extra time because I guess the volleyball isn't practicing today. I had a really good weekend though for the most part. Friday night I met up with some sisters from my mission and had a fun time reminiscing about the Philippines and talking about all the things that we miss from there. It was so much fun! Then saturday I spent some time with the cheerleaders at a performance they had at the gymnastics meet. That was pretty cool too. Then I met up with a sister that I taught at the MTC who came home early because of sickness. We had a nice long talk it was awesome! She's doing really well and hopefully will get back out there soon! Sunday was good with church and I caught up a little with a friend too. I had a great visiting teaching appointment that just got me so excited for the scriptures and the gospel and serving more. This morning was the best though. I got to the training room and worked out for a bit then got stuff ready for practice. I sat down to read my e-mail and got the best email from 2 elders I taught in the MTC. Apparently they are companions again and are zone leaders. To make a long story short they told me that they found a sister that I taught and saw get baptized in my last area. I hadn't heard from her since I came home and I heard that her family had gone inactive. But she's been going to church for the past month and the elders have been helping her! I love it! I just started to cry because I can't think of 2 elders that I'd rather have helping someone I taught and love in the Philippines! It's such a small world and these 2 elders are not even serving in my mission! They even sent me pictures to prove that they know her and scanned pictures of some pictures she has of me in her photo album! I took the moment to kneel down in prayer and thank my Heavenly Father for watching over the people I love in the Philippines. I was astonished at the love that our Heavenly Father has for us and for everyone around us. I thanked Him for answering my many prayers on peoples' behalf and for reminding me that He truly does listen to my prayers! Yesterday visiting teaching I was testifying to the sister who was having a hard time that God does listen to and answer her prayers and sometimes He just requires a little bit of patience but that she will see that answer happen and will understand why she is having the experiences that she is having. While I was testifying and teaching and talking to her I was thinking to myself a little bit...I was thinking "Do I really believe this?" Because lately I've been terrible with my prayers and have started to lose a little bit of hope and patience. I kept telling myself that of course I believe it but I just needed a reminder. And of course this morning I sure got one! Wow! I just can't explain in words how I feel right now. I don't know if the young woman will continue and stay active or not but I sure do hope so but all I know is that it's by the small means that the Lord confounds the wise and that if we are faithful and diligent He will encircle us in His arms of love. The gospel is so amazing! Well I could keep talking forever about this. I just felt I should share this.

1 comment:

Azie Kay Spikes said...

Wow. Naintendihan ko ang inyong pakiramdaman. Alam ko rin na napakalaki ang biyaya po na ito para sa iyo. Salamat sa pagalaala. Mahal kita.