Apparently I've been overdue for a new post. My bad. It's been a busy past 6 months or so haha. I started working with the cheerleaders back in August and have really loved it. I've had enough to do to keep me busy but not too busy. I've learned a lot about working with others and helping others. I'll admit when I first started I was a little worried. I wasn't sure what to expect since after all they are all cheerleaders haha. But I just started out the season getting to know all of them and all of the cosmos and have done great ever since. I've truly learned to love them all and to seriously appreciate them for the hard work that they put into their sport. They really do do some amazing things! The bonus is that I got to go to all the home football games and I've been going to all the home women's and men's basketball games. Tomorrow night's game is going to be intense!! My testimony has been strengthened about the worth of the soul. I have felt so much the Lord's love for the cheerleaders in many ways. I could share numerous experiences about chats that I've had with them and things that I've learned. The point is that I've been having a great time so far and a good attitude truly does go a long way! We are traveling to CA for their nationals competition the end of February so i'm excited for that. We get to go to Disneyland too! :) The next week after that we will travel to the MWC tournament in Vegas. That'll be a lot of fun too. So yeah that's the update with work. I'm currently looking for jobs for this fall since I'm graduating soon. I've applied for 4 jobs so far but the job market isn't that great I guess. I'm hoping that more jobs open up. It's hard to find some jobs because a lot of times they don't get posted online so I might not hear about them.
School went well last semester. I did well in all my classes and worked like crazy on my thesis. I ended up writing my whole prospectus in a couple of months and proposed my thesis the end of november. So now I'm just waiting for the IRB to approve my research so I can get started! Apparently it can take a long time sometimes. So I can't do anything with my thesis right now which is really frustrating! We are shooting to get started in february sometime. I'm knocking on wood though because I really need to get it done by june so I can graduate by august and get a job! We'll see! This semester I only have 2 classes for my major since I'm done with all the other classes so I'm not too busy with school. I'm taking a weight lifting class and racquetball class so I've been filling up my free time with a lot of working out and such. The first week of school I had so much free time but I got an extra assignment to help out with the women's volleyball team since their athletic trainer is supposed to be busy with track this semester. So far I just show up to practice and don't do much. So it gets a little boring at times. But it gives me more to do with my time. They are in their off season so right now their workouts are really easy.
Well that's pretty much it! Can't think of anything else going on! It was a great Christmas break and for the first time in a really long time I absolutely did not want to leave Cali and start school again. Normally I'm ready for school but I seriously am tired of it now and so ready to be done and graduated and out of Provo and out in the real world! So life is good but I'm ready to move on to the next phase of my life. I'm just hoping I get my thesis stuff done soon! I'll try to add more as I remember things.
Some Time Away in Paradise
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment