Okay can I just say that my district at the MTC is amazing! They are the most wonderful young men and women ever! I'll just tell you a few stories about them this week. I've learned so much from them just this past week that I don't know if I can remember everything! First of all on wednesday I was teaching and noticed that one of the sisters seemed to not be doing too well. So I took her aside and talked to her. She said that she was just a little bit homesick and started crying to me. So we talked about what to do about it for a while and she said she'd tell them not to write distracting things, etc. She has been fine since. Then I interviewed with another sister who I was just finished talking to then at the end I said, "Is there anything else that I can do for you?" Then she proceeded to tell me that her 18 year old sister was just killed in a car accident in July and starting crying and such. Wow what a day! And her dad is not a member and most of her family doesn't go to church either. But she told me that the sunday before her sister's accident she went back to church for the first time in a while and talked to the Bishop about getting some things cleared up and how she made a transformation. She told me that she's doing fine with it all because she knows that her sister died at a high point in her life and she knows she will see her again. Seriously this sister is amazing! What a strong testimony! Anyway, another day I taught them a language principle and when I had them practice it they all did so amazingly well! I was so surprised! They are all progressing so well. They love to make jokes and laugh a lot too which can be a good thing at times. They got me to talk about something that was bugging me and on my mind and it was great. I feel like they are my friends and that I can trust them with anything. Another awesome thing that happened....so we were discussing learning by the Holy Ghost from Preach My Gospel and then when I asked them about any experiences that they've had that same sister said that her and her companion have really been praying while they are making their lesson plans so that they can know the needs of the person that they were going to teach at the TRC (place where volunteers come and are taught a lesson by the missionaries) and she said that they had both been getting certain promptings to focus on certain things during the lesson. Seriously they are so amazing. They do things without having to be told. I can't wait to teach them tomorrow morning. I get so excited to teach them!
On a different note, thurs. night we had a culture night about Asia. One of the elders from my mission happens to be in my ward now and he shared a little about the Philippines and such. It just brought back some awesome memories and I remembered how amazing and loving they are! I also got to learn a lot about India, Japan and Malaysia. Malaysia sounds a lot like the Philippines. Wow I miss the people so much! Anyway, friday night after work I went to a friends house and ate Filipino food. The food he cooked was so good. He made the best lumpia! That made me miss the food so much. Yummy! Saturday night I subbed for one of the teachers who was going to the football game. His district is really nice but of course mine is better! haha....anyway we watched a talk by Elder Holland entitled "Miracle of a Mission". It's not released to the public so I can't say much about the movie but let's just say WOW! He is amazing! He talked about making every second count and that the Lord doesn't expects us to be heroes but he expects something heroic out of all of us. He talked a little about his mission and how it was everything to him! Wow! My mission was everything to me! I tried so hard to be obedient and to do the right things but I admit that I am not perfect. I am far from perfect! I made a lot of mistakes but I always, always tried to be obedient to everything. I am who I am right now because of my mission. I owe everything to the Lord for allowing me to serve a mission. I mean part of the reason that I went on a mission was because I felt so blessed and so indebted to my Savior so I wanted to repay Him even a little. But now I can't help but feel even more indebted to Him because of things that happened on my mission and mostly for the things that I learned and the people that I met and the person that I have become. It seriously got me thinking so much. But wow is this church true! No doubt in my mind and no one can ever convince me otherwise! I can't imagine missing a week of church and not devoting all my time to the Lord!
Well I have currently lost my voice. I think I stayed up late one night and worked a lot the next day and it kind of caught up with me. I have so much more that I could say but I think this is good for now. It was a good week but I want to make this week better. I can improve on a lot of things and I need to manage my time for wisely. I have a midterm to take this weekend sometime and I really need to sit down and study. I also have a midterm next friday and I need to start studying for that. Basketball starts real practices this friday so things are going to start getting even more busy so I really need to take these last couple days off for granted! Anyway, I need to run to the store and then FHE but I wanted to write something before I forgot. I hope all is well with everyone and this updates you enough as to what is going on in my life!
Some Time Away in Paradise
6 years ago
1 comment:
I love reading your posts! Thank you for sharing your joys and your testimony...it's been a rough day, but reading what you wrote about your week has helped to uplift me today. I'm glad you are enjoying teaching at the MTC. Good luck on your mid-terms!
Post a Comment