


Well this week went pretty well. It was a pretty busy week though. The highlight of the week was getting a new district. They came in on wednesday and my co-teacher, Bro. Jones and I spent some time preparing the room and getting ready for their arrival. Then I taught them on tues. morn. It went really well. I have 12 missionaries of which 4 are sisters! There is a great atmosphere in the room and they are all so excited and happy. So it was fun to talk to them and get to know them. We laid a lot of things on them to study and prepare so I feel bad. The first couple weeks are always busy and tough. I only got to teach them one day though since friday I got a sub so I could go to my mission reunion and no one had to work on saturday because of general conference. I don't work mondays either so tomorrow morning will be my first time teaching them in a while. Anyway we did take a district picture to post on our door for decoration so I need to remember to bring that in. Anyway, my co-teacher is awesome and so are the missionaries! I am seriously so excited for these next couple of months! Friday night I went to my mission reunion. I carpooled with another kid from my mission that I work with and we ended up getting lost and made it 2 hours late. Plus a friend of mine wanted to be dropped off at a reception in SLC she said but it ended up being in bountiful so that sidetracked us quite a while. I felt so bad for the kid who drove because we went everywhere and got lost! But he was so nice about everything. At least we got a chance to serve and help someone out. Anyway I was pretty embarrassed with everything and decided that I'm a terrible navigator unless I have specific instructions. But we finally made it late and our mission president was just finishing up. Then he said "It looks like we have a couple late comers. You want to come up and introduce yourselves." So I grab the microphone and Pres. Labrum asks, "So are you two together?" And I was like "Yes. I mean no. We're not together together we just drove together." It was so embarrassing! Everyone just started laughing. Anyway, it was okay but I did feel kinda embarrassed for a few seconds. Anyway, it was great to see Pres. Labrum and the night ended up going well.
Welp I gotta head to class. It's going to be a busy week because I have another test the end of this week and a bunch of reading that I need to get done. I just have a hard time staying focused on my studying but I know I need to do better. I really want to and need to get good grades. I am excited for this week of teaching at the MTC as well. I'll have to post that pic too. Next week basketball is going to pick up and be really busy so i'm a little nervous about that. At least I will have just finished all my midterms for the next few weeks so I'll get a short break from all of that. Anyway, hope all is well with everyone at that you learn to laugh at all the moments in life even if they seem hard. But watch out for those blind dates with old people haha!
2 comments:
Just found your blog. That very tall good looking Elder in the back row is our grandson. Is he being called "Elder Giant" or "Elder Giraffe" yet? Tell him hello from his grandparents.
Oh wow! I am surprised that you all found my blog. I'm a little embarrassed too by some of the things that you have probably read haha. But Elder Higgins is an amazing Elder. He's pretty quiet but always works hard and does great at everything that he does. He always answers the gospel questions in class too! Sounds like he comes from an amazing family. I seriously am so blessed to be able to teach them all and they are all so blessed to be able to go to the Philippines. And yes he might get called funny things there since he is so very tall!
Post a Comment