I just wanted to write here before I forget everything that's happened. So last night I went to help my friends paint but they decided to wait until this morning to do it. Anyway so I get home last night and there was a message to call some deputy about a subpoena. So I call her this morning and she stops by and gives me a subpoena to appear in court today! So I run to work then class then go to court to testify in this case that I helped to translate a little for about a month ago or so. So anyway, the whole time I'm hoping that I don't get called to testify but I do. It wasn't too bad. I just answered their questions to the best of my ability and the lawyer was really nice and such. So at the end the judge asks me if I teach the missionaries in the 3rd branch at the MTC. Well it turns out that he is in the branch presidency! No wonder his name looked familiar to me! I hadn't met him before today so I didn't know who he was. Anyway it was all very random. He was very nice and everything. Who would've guessed he was in the branch presidency. So yeah it was an interesting experience and I got $18.50 out of it. I don't know if I'd want to do it again. But now I know that court isn't so bad after all. That doesn't mean I'm going to go and get in trouble or anything just so I'll have to go! But yeah I need to get started on some homework before I forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment