Monday, September 22, 2008

Well last week was pretty busy. I actually got a couple of days off from basketball so that was nice because I got some studying done and such. I'm getting my new district soon so I'm really excited! Tonight I'm meeting with my co-teacher so we will hopefully decorate our classroom and get things ready for next week. The highlight of my week last week was the fireside last night with Pre. Bateman. He is now the Provo temple president. His talk was just so amazing! He shared some great stories about missionaries who come from Russia and go through the temple and just how appreciative they are to do baptisms for their families and endowments for themselves. It's so amazing. We sometimes take these things for granted. It made me look at things with a different light. Yesterday was just a busy day but that put the icing on the cake. I even went and shook his hand! He has soft hands haha....anyway, in the morning I had a meeting then they just didn't stop with meetings and visiting teaching until after the fireside. I realized wow I haven't eaten since this morning. Well it was just a busy day but in a good way. My calling is a little stressful but I think things will work out pretty well. It's been a while since I've had a calling where i've been forced to think about it on almost a daily basis. But I guess it's a good thing. It was just a great day. Oh and saturday night me and my friends were bored so I made up this guy's profile and put myself in a relationship with him so if people start asking about that it's most definitely a joke! I need to change it soon. I guess I didn't realize how many people actually check that thing!
Well this week is going to be pretty busy but next week will be crazy. I get a new district plus have a couple of big tests! I'm a little worried about that. I need to start studying now for those. Friday night i'm going to the Timpview vs. Mountain View high school football game to watch a couple of friends who are athletic trainers at the two schools. It'll be fun to watch that. Oh the memories of high school games! Oh and I read that the Pitt High's band is going to the Macy's parade next year! That's so awesome! But yeah! I'm glad everything is going well at home and that Matt had a fun b-day! Too bad I missed it but it's alright I'll see ya'll in november. But yeah I decided that I need to be more social with my ward and get out and meet new people. I mean I am the service council chair. I need to be better about serving others. I mean I definitely try to serve and do a lot but I don't think I really go out of my way too much and talk to people especially if I'm busy. But I'm going to try to do that a little more and just set a good example. I think this semester will go really well if I just do that.

1 comment:

Shawny said...

I saw that profile update! The dog was a nice touch!