This week was a pretty busy week. I spent a lot of time in class and other stuff. Anyway, it was a good week at work though. We had a meeting where our supervisor talked a lot about internalizing the missionary purpose. It took me a while to really understand what he meant by that. In my scripture reading this week I read a lot about missionaries in the Book of Mormon and the example that they showed. Also in Mormon, Moroni writes in chapter 8 that he speaks to us as if we were alive even though we aren't yet. That's so awesome. He truly is an example of someone who internalized the purpose to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel, etc. He worked so hard even though he would not see the fruits of his efforts in his life at all. It reminds me on my mission when Laura Koch wrote me once telling me that Elder Oaks said once about the Philippines that the results of his efforts (speaking about when he was an area authority there) would not be seen for at least another 10-20 years or so. That was interesting to think about. At that time I think I was being very selfish because I was not seeing any results of my hard work. Anyway, other missionaries like Ammon were awesome because he went out and served not really knowing what to expect. Anyway, those were just a lot of my thoughts lately. As teachers we are supposed to help the missionaries to understand this and to internalize the purpose.
Welp my week ended great with dad coming into town and going to the BYU vs. UCLA football game. Now that was awesome!! BYU won 59-0!! It was so unbelieveable! Everything good that could have happened, happened. We blocked a field goal, we recovered how many fumbles!?!? It was just so cool! That was one of the best football games I've ever been to! And of course I got to see dad! But yeah um....thanks dad for getting those tickets! It's going to be an interesting year in college football. We'll see if BYU can pull this one off or not. Today was pretty busy with my calling and such and I have some more stuff to do with that. Anyway, I can't remember what else I was going to write.
Some Time Away in Paradise
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment