Monday, September 29, 2008

So back to what I was saying. Sat. afternoon I tutored one sister who has been in the MTC for about 2 weeks or so. She was really struggling learning Tagalog. She said that she has a lot of learning difficulties and felt very behind. We started from the very beginning, the very basics and she did struggle a lot. After about 30 minutes she was doing great. She started to understand so much and the progress that she made was amazing! I talked to her about the importance of setting goals and progressing in life. It's not important where we start out but it's most important how hard we try and how much we improve. I seriously was so amazed with how much she was able to learn with just a little one on one time. It was a testimony builder for me that I need to continue to improve in all that I do and progress and not move backwards or stand still. We live for today and build towards the future. It felt so good for me too that I was able to help her with the things that she needs. After that I went to a birthday party for a friend and that was pretty fun. Sunday was pretty busy. I had some meetings that went well and church was awesome as usual. In one meeting we watched a short video about child abuse. It disgusts me how people could do such a thing and it's obvious that God will not allow for such things to happen to his children. They really are precious! Well today our trainer was not at practice and it was kind of funny because we actually had an injury. So I finally got to do an evaluation that I haven't had the chance to do in a while. We sent him to get an x-ray done so we'll see what happens with that. Well I've gotta head off to a meeting for work now. Tomorrow I get off of basketball so it'll be my day to catch up on some New Testament reading and study for a test that I have on friday.

No comments: