This week was a very interesting yet great week. I'm not going to add all of the details that I wrote in my journal but I'll just tell you all a few interesting things that happened. So tuesday was interesting since in my new testament class we talked all about relationships and marriage. It was a weird topic but he said some really cool things. Anyway, wednesday went pretty well too. I had class then basketball then went straight to work. We had a great training meeting and then I taught my district. It was kind of stressful since our room doesn't have internet yet and other things and then I was trying to interview all the missionaries yet help them practice and such. But the night turned out really well. We got a lot accomplished and I felt that they were very prepared for their TRC (where they teach volunteers) the next night. Anyway, then I met with my co-teacher who is amazing and we talked about some things with the district. So after that I'm leaving the MTC and I remember crap I was supposed to have an interview with a member of the Bishopric like 10 minutes ago. So I call them and they said to head over there anyway. So this whole time I'm thinking wow I don't want to go and that I feel so bad for being late. So I meet with Bro. Chase who is amazing by the way!! It was the best interview ever. He just sat down and got to know me and we talked about all kinds of things. Then a couple of times he stopped and said that the Spirit was prompting him to tell me that the Lord is hearing and answering my prayers and will help me with what I have been praying with. Wow! Little did Bro. Chase know that a few things have been on my mind lately and I've been praying a lot about them. But it's such a testimony builder for me that our Heavenly Father does hear and answer our prayers even if we don't think so. He also told me that I'm one of his favorite people in the ward and that I don't realize how many people are watching me and look up to me. He definitely is right about that. I guess I need to be a better example in everything that I do. So the night ended awesome.
Thursday morning was great too. Work went well and then I went to a LGM at the MTC where they talked a lot about exercising faith as a missionary. That hit me really hard because I know that I need to be having more faith. He said that miracles just happen through the application of basic principles. It's so true! Miracles happen everyday! The rest of that day after class I spent studying for a midterm for the next day and I watched parts of our lousy football game. So that night ended kind of disappointing. But you know I really wasn't that upset about the loss. I love sports but since I've come home from my mission I've realized that there are a lot more important things in life than that! I mean it has a lot to do with my profession but still it's not everything! And I've been so much better at putting the Lord first in my life the past couple of semesters. It was really hard when working with football. Anyway, friday morning I took my midterm then did some other homework then headed to work which went well too. Then I went to Divine Comedy a comedy group on campus. It was pretty funny. It's hard to explain the skits that they did because they're very specific to BYU and the culture here but it was funny. So it was a long night and I couldn't sleep too well yet had to wake up early in the morning for work the next day. Now this is where the funny part starts!
So I wake up early in the morning, put on my tanktop then my church clothes and head to work. To make the story short when I got in the elevator at the MTC I realized wow! I'm not wearing a bra! It was when I was going "up" that I realized that I was going "down" if you get what I mean. haha!! Anyway, I just started laughing out loud to myself in the elevator and thought "what would Elder Wirthlin think if he were here." So i'm pretty sure no one noticed because I was wearing a loose shirt but it was funny anyway! I'm definitely so used to my self that I can laugh when things like this happen. I remember reading a quote one time that states "Those who learn to laugh at themselves will never cease to be amused." Wow is that true! Then sunday something else funny happened but I'll spare you the details about that. It's kind of a long story. So to wrap up the week: It was very entertaining and stressful yet so spiritual at the same time. It was great! I need to do better in my Exercise Physiology class though and have a midterm in that class probably on friday but maybe next monday. But I REALLY need to study for that. So it was great and I learned a lot this week. We have a service project tonight where we are putting together humanitarian kits and then my council is going to have to do a lot with that this week so we'll see how that goes. Anyway, hope all it well with everyone and that I made some of you laugh because I sure know that I did!
Some Time Away in Paradise
6 years ago
2 comments:
So fun to read about your daily adventures. I really like reading about your MTC teaching experiences. It brings back lots of memories--not of teaching but of being taught.
I hope you don't mind, but I was wondering if you'd be willing to remove the link to our blog from your blog list. We are just a little concerned about privacy. Thanks!
Of course that's totally fine. I just put them there so that it's easy for me to find and read.
Post a Comment