Saturday, April 25, 2009

Well it has really been a busy past couple of weeks. So I'll update you as to the different aspects of my life.
First, school. Well I walked at graduation yesterday! That was really long and kinda boring but it was good! So I have one class to take this spring and then I'm done officially and can get my diploma! Yay! But I am retaking the GRE on the 5th and I HAVE to score better. I really, really want to go to grad school and in order to do that I need a higher score on my GRE. Anyway, the past few weeks were way busy with school and finals and such so it was really tough to study much for the GRE but I did get some studying done. But I still have a lot of studying to do this next week. I can't waste time and I'm really hoping to have more time now that the semester is over and that I only have one class. So I'm not sure how i did in my classes this past semester but hopefully things went well. I'll find out in the coming week.
Second, my calling. Well I got released as R.S. president which was really tough. But it's okay because I really feel like I did my best! I learned so much from so many people and it really was a great semester. I wish I could've done more but it really was a great semester. I loved being R.S. president! So I don't know what I'll be doing next but I'll be happy to serve in whatever calling I get.
Third, work. Well things have changed a little at work. A few weeks ago I was called to be the new zone coordinator. Pretty much this means that I'm in charge of talking to the Branch president every week and meeting with the teachers once a week to make sure the needs of all of the missionaries in the zone are met. It does come with a nice pay raise which is great for me. But it does mean that I'm going to be really busy. I officially started a couple of days ago. But I'm excited to work with all the teachers and all the missionaries. So we'll see how things go! I haven't had a district the past few weeks so I've used the time to sub and to spend more time studying for school and such. But on wednesday I get a new district so I am really excited for that. I'm excited for a new adventure!
Lastly, the rest of life. Well all in all it's been a good past few weeks. My friend Carly got hit by a car and was in the hospital for the past few days so that made for some interesting times. I was at the hospital a lot and didn't get as much studying done as I'd hoped to but that's okay. It's worth it to help out a friend and her family. It really sucks what happened but I know i've learned a lot. I just feel bad for her because she's supposed to be moving to Boston in 3 weeks for P.T. school. But I know that things will work out.
So anyway, life is great. I really need to study hard for the GRE because this'll be my last week of studying. I can't wait for it to be done and I really am praying hard that I'll do well. I just really feel like I need to be going to grad school. I love my major and I've learned so much. I saw some awesome things while I was at Timpview high. I saw a Biceps tear and all kinds of other injuries that I've never seen before. So it was a great experience. Oh yeah and I am planning on taking my Athletic training certification exam the end of June so I need to be studying for that too. Then I should get a break in july and august. Welp it's time to get down and busy studying for the GRE. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Randi said...

Good luck! That's a lot to study for all at once!

Maggie & Nate said...

Good luck!! Let me know how things are going and have fun studying... :0~