Tuesday, May 19, 2009

An update finally!

I'm sorry but it's been a while since I've updated my blog. It's been a really busy past few weeks! I think that it's not going to be busy but then it always is! Plus I'm sure I've wasted some of my time that could have been spent writing in the blog. My bad! But here's an update to what's been going on in my life!
1. School
So I walked at graduation and my family came for that so it was exciting! It was a stressful time for me though since I was still trying to study for the GRE and getting ready to start a class and trying to help my friend out who was in a car accident, etc. So right now I'm taking one class and this is my last class before I officially graduate! It's actually taken up a lot more time than I thought it would take up. I need to use my time more wisely since I also should be studying for the BOC exam (my certification exam for Athletic training). I'm taking that on June 12th which is the last day of classes I think. So somehow I need to devote a couple hours of my day to studying for that which I have yet to do. The most exciting news with school is that I got accepted to grad school here at BYU for the fall! Yay! I'm so excited, I really am! So what happened is I retook the GRE May 9th (I think) and got a score worse than I had scored before. I actually studied hard for this one! Anyway, I went straight to BYU and talked to the director of the graduate program. I explained my situation and asked if there was any way that they could reconsider my application seeing as I have a pretty high GPA but standardized tests are obviously not my thing. He informed me that he's no longer the director and I should talk to the new director. So I trying stopping by his office, e-mailed him and left him a phone message with no response. So after a few days I called the graduate coordinator in charge of my program, Athletic Training and he said they were already reconsidering the application and the info got passed to the other guy already. So after that weekend I went in and finally got a hold of the director. He told me that they had looked at my application and he talked to my professors and they all said I was a good student and they were going to let me in! I got the official letter a few days later. Needless to say mine and many other peoples' prayers were answered. I really had the faith that I could get into the program and I fought for it and a miracle happen. My new saying is "Faith plus works equals miracles". I know this to be true! I've seen a huge miracle in my life and am so grateful that the Lord answers prayers. I don't know why I had to go through all this but I sure am a stronger person because of it. I'm excited to start a new adventure. Anyway, sorry about the long story!
2. Church- I was just called to be one of the gospel doctrine teachers. I was really worried about this at first but I taught last sunday and got a lot of compliments. I was really surprised! So I guess it won't be too bad after all. Maybe I'll actually enjoy sunday school from now on haha!
3. Work- Well I just got a new position at work which I think I mentioned already. Now I'm the zone coordinator which means I'm responsible for for working with the leadership in the zone, the other teachers, and the branch president to make sure the needs of all the missionaries are met. It's been really busy but I'm starting to get into the swing of things. It's been about a month so it's been good. Anyway, this next month is going to be really busy! We are getting so many missionaries in the next couple of months. In June I will be teaching 10 hours a week to another district just because there aren't enough teachers. Some of us will be working extra hours because of this. So this will make for a really busy July and August. In July we will hit 93 total missionaries which is way more than we've had in a really long time. I don't know how I'm going to be responsible for working with all those missionaries! Anyway, I'm sure things will work out but I'm going to be way busy. But I love my district of missionaries right now and learn a ton from them. They are great missionaries! We just need to help them with their language skills a little more but they are progressing. I'm really excited for what the coming weeks have in store!
Well things are going really well. I need to spend some more time studying and just use my time wisely. I'm trying to find a place to live this fall and getting ready for grad school but I'm excited for the future. I really love my job and I love athletic training and just everything! I learn something new every day. So things are going well and I'm just hoping I'll get a little bit of a break this summer and that I'll be well prepared enough for the BOC!

2 comments:

Randi said...

Congrats on getting into grad school! Does this mean you will be in charge of one of the BYU teams while you are doing your schooling/ researching, and everything else that goes along with the grad school thing? Man, it sounds like you're gonna be busy. Maybe when your done you can come back and teach/refresh me on some new and old things. I need a good refresher after taking a couple of years off :)

Maggie & Nate said...

Well well Amanda! Congrats! Everything pays off in the end even though you have to go through obstacles...:0~ I love reading your blog b/c it just tells me about your life in a short little story and I like those short stories b/c I can read them and not get lost all the time. Anyays congrats! :0)