Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer


Well I suppose it's time for another post. To start off my trip to the Philippines was great! It was a lot of fun to go to some places in the Philippines that I've never been to before. We first went to my friend's areas in Cauayan mission. That was way awesome. It was so cool to see what the Philippines looks like way up north. It was really pretty and the people were awesome. Their personalities were a little different than the personalities of the people in my mission so that was different. But it's just like in the states. The culture is different depending on which state you are in and how you grew up. Then we went to Cebu and went to the temple open house there. That was so beautiful. Seriously the Cebu temple was so beautiful. As we were walking through I just felt so calm and at peace. Even though the temple hadn't been dedicated yet I could still feel the same feelings inside there as I feel when I enter dedicated temples here in the states. Especially when I entered the celestial room. We took some time to sit down and soak in the experience. It was so amazing. I just love temples! I need to go more often. I also got to see a mission companion while we were in Cebu so that was awesome! I just love Sis. Cutanda! Seriously! After that we took a ferry to the island of Bohol. It was so beautiful. We didn't know what we were going to do or anyone there but we went anyway. Things really worked out. We went on a tour and had an amazing tour guide. We seriously were so blessed! We saw chocolate hills, the tarsiers, etc. I loved it! Then we flew back to Quezon City and I visited some members in my areas. That was way awesome too. It was really tough to see some of the members that were really struggling and converts, etc but it was a really testimony building experience. The atonement is so real and our Savior and Heavenly Father truly does care about each and everyone of us. In Preach My Gospel it says that only living the gospel of Jesus Christ will unite races and solve the world's problems, etc. It is so true! The gospel of Jesus Christ is the answer! And the only answer! So the trip was great! One other thing that I just thought about. When we were in Cauayan I got really sick. I woke up early in the morning (the morning we were to fly out to Cebu) with a real bad stomach ache. Let's just say I could not leave the bathroom haha. To make a long story short I asked for a priesthood blessing from one of the members there and he gave me just a great blessing that I would get better and we'd make it to our next destination among other things. Well I didn't feel better right away but after a long car ride to the airport and flight we made it to Cebu. I didn't feel completely better until after being home for a while but I made it through. The whole car ride and flight and even while in QC I seriously thought I was going to go in my pants but somehow made it haha. But seriously, prayer works and the priesthood is so real! I love it! I learned a lot from our trip and I'm grateful for Ulalei Mavae for going back with me and putting up with me throughout the whole trip! It was great! I'll have to post pictures soon. They are all on facebook though but I need to copy them on my hard drive too.

Since the trip I've just been working and that's pretty much it. I've started to read a little which is good haha even though I hate reading! But work has been good. I have a district that just left a couple of weeks ago and I'll post a picture of them. Right now I'm teaching my last district. It's really bittersweet! They are all amazing missionaries and I really pray for the best with them and that I'm able to help them to become the missionaries that the Lord wants them to become. It's going to be tough since they are my last district. I start working with the cheerleaders in a little over a month so hopefully I be able to keep teaching and do that for at least a week. I need to be working on my thesis right now so that's my plans for right now of what to focus on. This weekend I'm going to Idaho for a missionary's homecoming so I'm way excited for that. So yeah life is good. I'm on a softball team right now so that's been fun too although I didn't play too well last night and hurt my quad. But yeah that's pretty much it for right now!

No comments: