Sunday, March 15, 2009

Well this week was pretty busy. I got a lot done but then I slacked so that didn't help. Anyway, the missionaries made a lot of progress this week but we still need to work on a lot of things. I did have one awesome experience this week. A few weeks ago I committed the missionaries to pray about he Book of Mormon and the church, etc and ask if it was true again even if they've done it before. I assumed they had all done it before. Then I followed up and asked about it and they all said they had good experiences, yada yada but nothing specific. Anyway, this week during weekly interviews I talked to one of the Elders and I just asked him if he'd ever prayed about the BOM and the church. He said Yes. Then I asked him when. He said he did it when I commited them to pray a few weeks ago. I got excited and asked him what happened. He said he prayed about it that night and the whole rest of the week because it felt so good. He said he just felt so good about it and that he knew it was true! It was just such a great experience! I haven't felt that good in a long time. It was like being in the mission again and just knowing that they know it's true. Anyway, I thought this was so awesome! This elder is so humble and just a good kid. He struggles with the language a lot but not too bad. But he's making so much progress especially lately! And this is why my job is so great because I get to see the progress in these young men. I get to see them slowly turn into men! I love it! And I love this gospel! It's so great!

No comments: