It was a really good day today. I got the opportunity to go to the dedication of the Draper, Utah temple. It was so awesome! When we all started singing "The Spirit of God" in the Marriott center the Spirit was so strong! It was just so awesome. No doubt in my mind that that is a temple of the Lord. And it just felt so cool to see us all unified in a cause like this. Other than that this week was just busy with school, work and a lot of games. One thing cook that happened was that I got to evaluate my first broken clavicle. It's funny how calm I was and how nicely we handled the situation. I just love the experience that I've been getting! I really do love athletic training. I'm so glad that I picked this as my career. If only they paid us a lot more! Anyway, I also had the pleasure of dealing with a bloody nose that would not stop bleeding. We finally just had to send him to the doctor because it was so ridiculous. Anyway, that was good experience though. So the final word is that I should be hearing back from grad school sometime this week. I really hope that it's sooner than later! I've just been waiting so long and I just really want to know what I need to be doing with the next step in my life! Well, everything is going well! Life is great!
Oh and one funny thing. So sunday morning my roommate (who is the music council chair) was telling the guy in charge of the program the hymns for sacrament meeting and I asked her if she could change the opening hymn to be "Scatter Sunshine" since one of my friends hates that song and we had just been teasing her about it. Anyway, so my roommate did. I made sure to sit next to my friend during sacrament meeting. She read the program and looked at my other friend and was like "oh my gosh look at the opening hymn." It was so funny! I told her I picked it just for her. Anyway, we sang the song and none of us could stop laughing. I sang it extra loud just for her too! Anyway, it was just so funny! I really couldn't help myself! So it was just really funny.
Some Time Away in Paradise
6 years ago
1 comment:
We went to the Sunday Dedicatory session, too. And when we started singing, I actually had the thought, "It would be SO cool to be the Marriot Center singing this with everyone!" I remember my Freshman Orientation with President Bateman and his wife . . . the opening hymn was "The Spirit of God" and without any direction from the chorister, all of the freshman stood up to sing it. I don't think there was a dry eye in the Marriot Center. That's my favorite experience with that song so every time I sing it, I always wish I could be with thousands of other students singing it in the Marriot.
Post a Comment