Well yet again I mourn the loss of another district. This district was so amazing. I wasn't able to get as close with them as I would have liked because I only taught them a couple days a week. But I learned so much from them nonetheless and I know they will all do great in the Philippines. I thank God that I was able to meet them. Anyway, today I've spent some time after work cleaning the bathroom and going through a bunch of clothes. I now have 3 trash bags full of clothes to go to D.I. Every time I move I get rid of new clothes haha. Today I just wasn't in the mood to try and keep stuff because I have a lot of packing to get done before friday. So I ended up just getting rid of a lot of stuff. There's more stuff that I need to get rid of though because I want to pack as few boxes as possible to make this move a lot smoother and quicker than last time. But anyway, today was pretty good and I good amount done I guess. I am definitely excited for the move to a new ward and new apartment though! My other apartment is a little smaller than this one though.
Last week I took my certification exam again. I'm pretty positive I passed this time. I mean last time I barely missed it and this time I studied a lot and felt a lot more prepared and felt like I guessed on not too many questions. But yeah I'll find out in a couple weeks if I passed or not. Yesterday a really good friend Azul left. She is being deported to Mexico which completely sucks considering she was raised in the states. But you know the Lord has a plan for her and I'm sure things will work out for the better for her. She is going to be missed anyway though! No doubt she has impacted many lives since she's been in this ward.
Hmmm...what else has happened? We had a zone party for all the teachers last tuesday night and we all cooked some filipino food and of course did a little videoke (karaoke but with a video). It was so much fun! I think I was getting into the most. I don't know why because I'm not normally comfortable with singing or dancing (I danced a little to one song) in front of other people. I guess I just felt really comfortable with all of them. It was a little embarassing though when I was dancing and I don't have the best voice. But you know what? It was fun anyway and I'm glad I did it. I love the teachers that I work with and they are so much fun yet work so hard to help their missionaries.
Welp can't think of anything else to write. I bought my all sports pass and am excited for the new football season. I'm sitting with a good friend too so this'll be fun! We bought my friend a Ukelele for her birthday and I've been trying to learn "drop, baby, drop" on it. I stink at the strumming part. Maybe I should take up learning guitar? I wish I had more time but school is going to be starting soon....AHHHH!!! Oh and my stupid smoke detector keeps beeping and it's obnoxious! I'm just gonna have to take the batteries out. Better not be a fire anytime soon or I'm toast!
1 comment:
Amanda I miss you & your funny comments! I just love reading your blogs!! :0)
Post a Comment