Sunday, August 2, 2009

Welp here we go again with another post. I've been so bad about this stuff lately! I honestly thought that I was going to have so much more time since my spring class is over. But since I've been teaching two districts things have been really busy. Plus I've spent more time hanging out with some friends. Anyway, so for the update.
I can't believe school starts in a few weeks! I'm not going to lie but I'm pretty nervous to be starting grad school. I'm not quite sure how tough things are going to be. I'm going to continue teaching at the MTC during this time as well. I didn't pass my certification exam so I'm taking it this friday again. I'm pretty sure that I'll pass it this time. I still have some more studying to do but I'm feeling more confident this time around so we'll see! I got my diploma in the mail the other day so now I can say that I'm officially graduated! Yay!
Teaching at the MTC has been crazy busy. I love my missionaries and I'm going to miss seeing the group that I'm teaching right now that leaves in a week. They've been a joy to teach and I love them so much! The other group I'm teaching has been in the MTC for 6 weeks! Time flies so quick. They have been a little bit tougher to teach but we are working our hardest to help them! But there's only so much that we can do as teachers. They really need to step it up and work hard. I'm kind of an overachiever too so with my zone coordinator position I've really been working hard to help the districts with everything that they do. Things have been going really well in the zone and with all the teachers. I feel like I've been able to help them all and the zone has gotten more unified. We have definitely raised the standard with all the missionaries and I've been seeing more miracles because of it. I love work everyday and love to learn from all of the missionaries!
I've been a gospel doctrine teacher this spring/summer and today was my last day teaching. I feel that things went well although I could have improved in many aspects. I'm moving out of my apartment on the 14th but can't move in to my new place until the 25th so I'm not quite sure what I'm going to be doing until then. But I'm so excited for a change and am excited to be moving to a new place. Although the moving part of everything I'm really not excited about!
The past couple of days I was able to go home to visit. I was so glad to go home and to meet the new neice and nephew and to just talk with each other. I loved just reminiscing on the past and just things like that. I really wish that I could've stayed longer but time just would not allow for this to happen. Everyone was pretty busy with the new kids but they were fun to see. I love being around babies because it just reminds you to be Christlike and how innocent children are. I was just thinking that they just came from our Heavenly Father not too long ago and as we are here on earth we forget that we used to live with Him and we start to lose perspective on life. But I love my family and I love being with them. Yesterday I was also able to serve as the escort at the temple for a friend who is getting married. It was so awesome to be able to share that experience with her and to help her in her process of getting married. She was nervous and it was fun to make her laugh and to get her excited for the sealing. It was awesome to be in the sealing room at the temple with them and to see them get sealed together for all time and all eternity. The guy who baptized her and her family was there too and that was so awesome to see! The Lord is so mindful of us all and knows what we need and how to help us! So this past while has been very testimony strengthening and I can't help but wonder what to Lord has in store for me in the future and what he is preparing me for. Anyway, I gotta write some letters to missionaries now!

No comments: