Alright so yesterday I got up in the morning and went to the temple which was really nice. I saw Susan W. Tanner there and she smiled at me!! haha....didn't know she works at the temple. After that I ran a couple of errands, did the cramp study and then did Y group stuff. They checked in then we gave them a tour of campus. It was actually really cool because we were given a ton of info about the buildings mostly about the people that the buildings are named after and I learned soooo much! The theme of the New student orientation is being a Disciple scholar. Wow I had no idea that those men sacrificed so much for this church and for the building of those buildings. So it was fun to talk to the kids about it and to strengthen my testimony and such. Then we ate dinner and they watched a movie but I left to help a friend unpack a little. Oh and I got another call asking me to translate again. I thought I was going to be done but no! But it's okay because I have been giving a lot of service these past couple weeks and it's fun!
This morning I got up and did the rest of the tour of campus then went to the "convocation" for the freshmen. A lot of people spoke and it was very powerful. We also watched a movie there that especially touched me. It talked all about how BYU was started and about the first presidents of BYU and such. Wow!! I had no idea that people went through so much to get this university started! They almost gave up so many times! But both those times they had dreams/visions of thousands of students and buildings here on campus and they kept going. Way to save BYU Jesse Knight! And he used to be less active then when he became active he payed all the tithing that he missed plus interest, plus donated a ton of land. Seriously I am so grateful to be here at BYU. It truly is the Lord's university because if not then it would not have even been build. I am so grateful especially to Karl Maesar for teaching and starting this college and making it into what it is. One thing that Pres. Samuelson asked is "Why are we here at BYU? What do we need to get out of this experience?" It got me thinking a lot about why I am here and what I have gotten out of my experience and what do I have left to get out of my experience. That's something that I'm going to be thinking about a lot this next little while. Anyway, I left to go to work which was good but I gotta go back in a couple of hours for the "Tradition of Honor" presentation. Pretty much it'll be talking about the Honor Code and such. I'll let ya'll know how that one goes but I'm gonna take a quick nap before that because I am so exhausted!!
Some Time Away in Paradise
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment