Thursday, August 21, 2008

Well today has been interesting. Well not really. Anyway so I got up early this morning (and yes 6:45am is now early for me) to help a girl in the ward move. It was really random. Last night she saw me and was like I know you probably don't know me (I know her but she doesn't know me) but I have to move a ton of boxes early in the morning and need all the help I can get. So of course I said yes. I mean it's an opportunity to serve and I didn't have any other excuse. So I got up early this morning to help her move and she really did have a ton of boxes. We managed to get 4 cars to help her get all her stuff and it still took 2 trips. Then after that I came home and showered and managed to have some time to watch the end of the U.S. women's soccer game. It was so awesome and we won!! That was such a great match. Then I headed off to the attorney's office and translated for the filipino lady. It turns out that she wants to drop the charges. Of course the attorney was a little upset and I was a little too because when some man has raped 3 people and gotten away with it who wouldn't be upset. But he obviously picks on people like this because she's going back to the Philippines in like a month and really doesn't want to have to worry about this and obviously she's scared. But anyway, it's a really hard situation. But afterward her and her sister took me out to eat lunch and they were so nice and stuff. It was so fun to talk to them and I realized that my Tagalog is really rusty. Wow!
So after that I came home and I had gotten this e-mail from Jeremy the person in charge of making our assignments for Athletic training. Well Rob, the Men's basketball and baseball trainer had called me last week pretty much begging me to help out with men's basketball next semester since he didn't get a student assigned to him and has games starting at the end of october. And he said he trusts me which is nice. Anyway, he's really nice and really willing to work with my schedule and everything. So.....i'm kind of considering if I'm going to just do it or not. I think I might take less classes this next semester then take one or 2 classes in the spring and graduate after spring term. I can still walk in April but then I'll be able to teach at the MTC too until June or so and take my certification exam then get a job. I don't know. Tonight i'm going to sit down with my friend and figure out my schedule and see if it will work. I'm not sure. I kind of have a good feeling about it but we'll see. I'll let ya'll know tomorrow what I've figured out. So I'm gonna read and watch the rest of Pride and Prejudice now! Ingat!! :)

No comments: